We are fully committed to ensuring the protection of your personal information. Information, by which you are identified while using our website, will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This policy is effective from June 1st, 2007.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Buyer, seller, or authorized agent's name and contact information, including email address.
- Demographic information.
- Other information relevant to the operation and continued maintenance of The Public Auto Auction.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best service possible, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you by email, phone, fax or mail regarding issues resulting from your use of thepublicautoauction.com.
- Internal Record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve and services to you.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your needs and recommendations.
- We may periodically send email messages about special events and promotions.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for our market research purposes.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties, other than to those automobile dealers that must contact you for the competition of your purchase.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, we encourage you to write or email us as soon as possible at the address found in the "contact us" section at the bottom of this page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However, please understand that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.